Do you want see my work in action?
“Nathan brings a high degree of energy, social media expertise, and creativity to the table. Most recently, he was instrumental in conceiving and executing our Mashable award-nominated campaign for AARP. The campaign earned a great deal of media on social media and 'ecospheric' blogs; much of which was attributable to Nathan's networking and vision.
His passion and creativity make him a huge asset to digital deployments of all shapes and sizes.”
- Mike Popowski, President, Truth + Tribe, LLC
“Nathan is a man of vision with the skills and determination to follow through to make it a reality. He is passionate about life and people, technically savvy, and mission driven. I recommend him heartily.”
- Joe Laur, Sr. Manager for Community Engagement and Development at Greenopolis
“Nathan was one guy I could count on to get it done. He went above and beyond to the point of even learning a new language for one of our clients. I knew when Nathan was responsible for a project it would get done no matter what it took.”
- Scott Philp, SVP of Biz Dev / Marketing, Sports Composite DE
“Nathan has an unbridled level of enthusiasm and passion about his work. He possesses a unique skill set including web design, product development, client management and is the definition of a self-starter. He will always over-deliver. To top it off, he's a team player and an all-around good guy.”
- Chris Austin, Sr. Director of Marketing, Sports Composite DE
“Nathan is a self-starter with an infectious level of enthusiasm for whatever project he throws himself into. He has the skills and attention to detail to successfully manage projects from creative design and technical development to deployment and customer support. Nathan would be a welcome member of any team and a role model for other staff members.”
- Kenneth J. Hong, SVP Strategy, Sports Composite DE
“Nathan is an energetic and highly motivated individual. He has a great eye for product vision. His expertise in understanding user interfaces and user behavior lend themselves well to any customer facing product. His positive attitude and willingness to step in and help out the team in any way possible is a very positive and rare quality.”
- Scott Kriz, VP Product, Sports Composite DE
I hold a strong interest in restorative agriculture, simple living and supporting a more sustainable, peaceful and healthier planet for the entire human race.
By nature I am an ambitious entrepreneur type and have been managing, leading and delivering quality tech applications and products to both large and small businesses for over ten years.
• Project management, organization, control and leadership.
• Modeling product definition and deployment.
• Managing complete application development lifecycle.
• Building strategic partnerships.
• Leading products from whitepaper to deployment.
• Define and writing functional specifications and business requirements.
• Designing solid UX and web interfaces.
• Passion for understanding market landscapes and competitive matrix.
Online Media industry
November 2009 – Present (2 years)
Helping brands communicate within today’s rapidly changing, decentralized, and highly social World Wide Web.
•Social brand development
Environmental Services industry
October 2009 – Present (2 years 1 month) Waterbury Center, VT
Waterbury LEAP is an independent organization fueled by the energy and ideas of local volunteer members. We support our town leaders whenever we can, but we are not a town organization.
LEAP is the only Vermont town energy committee to become a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
• Brand development, web site traffic growth, web site UI and digital marketing
• Developed digital brand and social strategy
• Strategic consulting, including management of subscriber database
December 2008 – Present (2 years 11 months)
In the summer of 2009 I rode a bicycle 4,300 miles for 5 months across America rediscovering our food system and rural communities. Along the way I interviewed farmers of all practices, activists, educators, food entrepreneurs, and others, to capture the rich flavors of those strongly connected to the land and creating a sustainable future.
• Rode a bicycle 4,300 miles from Belfast, Maine to Bellingham Washington in severe heat, rain, wind and over mountain passes and I did it all with a big smile on my face
• Conducted research project with a primary focus on sustainable agriculture, food chains and environmental issues
• Satisfied daily blogging duties covering topics of sustainability and communities transforming waste into resources
• Worked closely with sponsor on marketing efforts, PR and collaboration with other partners
• Responsible for production of viral multimedia content
• Developed a strong platform of over 5,000 online followers and supporters in less than 9 months time.
• Delivered design and marketing materials
• Currently hammering away on several writing projects based around my research and experiences.
March 2010 – September 2010 (7 months)
• Responsible for livestock procedures on an organic, pasture based and rotationally grazed management system. (Pigs, broilers, laying hens, turkeys, ducks etc)
• Calving season chores.
• Multi use of tractors/skid steer including spreading compost and hauling hay.
• Loading and unloading livestock.
• Assistance with dairy operation.
• Actively involved in the planting, maintenance and harvest of farm garden.
• Basic carpentry duties such as building mobile pig troughs and making repairs to fencing.
• Rebuilt, developed and designed the farms website to encompass social media elements providing a transparent and educational use of Video, photos and social networking to increase direct sales, CSA memberships and agritourism.
• Creation of newsletters and various marketing materials and strategies.
• Spearheaded the organization of daily farm tasks and weekly meeting agendas.
• Provided guided tours to private parties and large groups.
Privately Held; Sports industry
April 2008 – November 2008 (8 months)
Managed, lead and deployed multiple fantasy sports applications rolling out to over 150,000 end users in multiple languages and time zones.
• Managed and owned a strategic partnership with major media company in Brazil.
• Analyzed application performance, documented issues, and created action plans to create solutions and ensure quality upon application delivery.
• Defined and created business and technical requirements.
• Lead efforts from marketing to engineering on all phases of application development.
• Controlled and managed QA environment.
• Analyzed, strategized and studied revenue and user flow trends to ensure success.
• Collaborated with executive management in strategic decision making.
Privately Held; Public Relations and Communications industry
February 2004 – January 2008 (4 years)
Co owned and managed academic software company delivering secure online grading and testing solutions for teachers and academic institutions nationwide.
• Co-Owned and lead everyday operations.
• Lead database and application designer through application architecture and functionality.
• Worked across all phases of SDLC to ensure traceability, quality and requirements fulfillment.
• Responsible for user experience and overall usability.
• Lead QA, sales and customer support efforts.
• Analyzed and developed competitive matrix for academic software landscape.
• Lead marketing and business development efforts.
2003 – 2006 (3 years)
• Managed and delivered quality web and graphic driven based products.
• Analyzed and assessed clients business needs.
• Designed, defined and developed UI and usability designs and requirements.
• Analyzed client needs and challenges to deliver “tight fit” products.